If you have been injured as a result of someone else’s actions, it is possible that you were told to seek the representation of a personal injury attorney because, in most cases, it is best to let them handle your claim – but why?
- Personal injury attorneys fully understand personal injury lawThis may sound silly but there are people who truly think that they know as much as the attorneys but the attorneys are simply there to collect the money for them. However, just because you have been injured does not mean that you are entitled to receive full compensation. Personal injury attorneys are able to sift through the facts and determine your maximum possible compensation and fight for you.
- Personal injury lawyers know insurance law.Why is it important to know insurance law? Well, what if your insurance company offers to provide you a cash benefit of $20,000 for injuries sustained during a car accident? This sounds like a pretty nice deal! What the insurance company won’t tell you is that you could be eligible for greater compensation based on state laws. Personal injury lawyers know and understand those laws.
- They know the approximate value of your injuryLawyers in this field have handled a great number of cases and are familiar with the value of different injuries. Additionally, Winnipeg personal injury lawyers understand what facts surrounding a claim may increase or decrease the potential compensation for their client.
- These lawyers will go to courtInsurance companies, obviously, want to pay you as little as possible and they know that if the claim goes to court, they could be forced to pay more than they would like. If an injured party represents themselves, an insurance company is less concerned about the claim making it to court as the vast majority of injured persons seeking compensation are not well-versed in personal injury law or courtroom debates. With proper representation, insurance adjusters have to be more realistic in their compensation offer because if they end up in court for the claim, there is no telling how much more they could lose.
- Personal injury attorneys increase the value of a caseInsurance adjusters are more apt to negotiate a healthier settlement if a lawyer is involved. Some say this increase is simply enough to cover your legal fees and you still walk away with the same amount you would have without an attorney. In some cases, that is accurate. However, it is much more likely that the compensation recovered will be more than enough to offset the fees and you will end up with a greater compensation than you would have otherwise.
Results vary based on case, situation, lawyer, etc. I do not and cannot endorse the effectiveness of any personal injury attorney. The above information is simply a guide for your convenience.